The winner will get a handsome plaque engraved with their name and “RWC Guru 2019” from Heritage House Trophies and a Hoodie from Lionheart Sports.
Langford 7s on Saturday August 31st: 8th Year for Tournament Features Top Senior and U19 Talent – A Look at Canadian MisFits U19 from Ontario
The 8th version of the Langford 7s takes place Saturday August 31st with several games taking place under the lights on Friday evening, the 30th, after the BC vs Canada match. Continue reading
Westshore (formerly Velox) is a rugby club operating in the western communities (Colwood/Langford). They offer men’s, women’s and youth rugby programs.
Westshore Rugby Football Club
1767 Island Hwy
Victoria (Colwood) BC
The University of Victoria features men’s and women’s XVs and 7s teams. They have won national championships in the following years.
Men’s Rugby (2)
- 1997-98, 1998–99
Men’s Rugby 7s (5)
- 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Women’s Rugby 7s (1)
UBC Old Boys Ravens is a Canadian rugby union team based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 1974, and is the two-time defending Premier Champion.
The UBC Old Boy Ravens have won the Rounsefell Cup seven times, in 1981, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1994, 2018, and 2019.
UBC Rugby has a 100-year tradition of rugby excellence at UBC, and strong alumni and University support. The UBC Rugby Program believes in continuing the tradition of developing balanced student athletes who demonstrate a range of dynamic abilities on and off the field; by doing so they advance their program goal of becoming the best rugby development program in North America.
UBC Rugby has the most comprehensive rugby facility in Canada, if not North America, and consists of:
- The Gerald McGavin Rugby Centre, completed in January 2013 with field views, lounge, stadium seating & two Varsity changing rooms.
- 4 additional changing rooms in original rugby clubhouse
- Four (4) contiguous rugby fields plus Thunderbird Stadium for tournaments
- Smith & Laycoe Varsity Weight Room – a 4,000 sq. ft., state of the art weight room with two sprinting alleys
- Thunderbird Stadium – with capacity for 8,000, including 3,000+ covered seats with IRB approved turf for signature games
The quality of these facilities has made UBC the provincial Centre of Excellence for the BC Rugby Union and the location of summer programs.